May 7, 2011 - January 2014
Pixellia was the main world that the server started out with, before New Avalon was established. The vast majority of player builds still occupy this world.
New players would start in Greenview Plaza, the first structure built on the world. From there, they will be immediately swamped in many of the structures that various players have built. All the land around the central plaza within at least a 300x300 radius is completely occupied with various structures and attractions. Once the player has moved out of this range, the building density will decrease until there is unoccupied land once again.
Each direction in the Pixellia seems to lead to distinct biomes. Going north will eventually lead the player into snowy terrain, east leads them to dense forests, west takes them out to open plains, and South leads to deserts. There are also many oceans located mainly north and south of spawn.
This world was given a Nether after the Beta-1.6 update, but it was mainly used only for glowstone mining and as a railway system.
After the server updated to Beta-1.8, a sub-world was made to allow players to explore the new features. This 1.8 Test World was able to be reached by means of a portal north of spawn.
Pixellia has gone through many an ordeal, whether they be intentional or not.
- On the 26th of May 2011, Beta-1.6 caused the world to be unplayable for a short time. Players had to convene in the 1.6 Vanilla World until it started working again.
- On the 30th of July 2011, the Shroomageddon event took place, and many structures were mushroomified.
- On the 4th of August 2011, the Great Biome Corruption happened, causing mass climate change (global wubble) in all regions. This has since been reverted.
- On the 19th of August, the Great Ore Corruption happened, causing all undiscovered ore to vanish forever from the world and crashing the server for a considerable amount of time.
- On the 25th of August 2011, when Cubic Worlds went back online, the name of the world was changed from 'world' to 'pixellia'.
- On the 27th of August 2011, the Arachnid Storm event took place on this world. The remnants of which are located at the Great Library.
- On the 25th of September 2011, Minecraft Beta-1.8 came to the server, marking the beginning of the end for Pixellia as the primary world.
- On the 28th of September 2011, all law ended in Pixellia due to general destabilization of the server. Anarchy mode was engaged, marking the second part of the end.
- On the 29th of September 2011, order was restored after the host was switched.
- On the 18th of November 2011, the full version of Minecraft was released, marking the third and final part of the world's death-knell. It was then only a matter of time until New Avalon eclipsed this world.
- On the 16th of December 2011, New Avalon took Pixellia's place as the primary world. Pixellia can still be reached via the Hall of Portals.
Pixellia has seen some builds uprooted and moved to New Avalon since the introduction of 1.0 to the server. It is certain that a few more will follow suit.
On the ?, 2012, Pixellia will be locked, effectively preventing any future block changes on the world for all time. This will effectively preserve what's left of the server's Beta history.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Pixellia"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.