|This page is part of the Rules and Policies of Cubic Worlds, covering:|
Cubic Worlds is a family-friendly server with a PG rating. Because people may have differing opinions of what this means and what they consider child-safe, this page goes into more detail about what language is considered okay to use within our community.
We want to be a place where players of all ages and abilities are given a warm welcome and encouraged to enjoy the game in a safe, moderated environment. Some of those players will be quite young, and where children are concerned, we feel that if there's any doubt about what can be found offensive or not, the best course of action is to err on the side of caution.
To that end, the main points of our language policy are:
- Swearing isn't allowed, even if you're talking to people you know in real life who wouldn't have any problem with it.
- We define swear words as anything considered "vulgar slang" by the Oxford English dictionary. We also make use of the site NoSwearing.com.
- Avoid using any abbreviation or internet slang whose commonly accepted definition includes swearwords, e.g. "wtf". We may not immediately jump down your throat about it but you're likely to be warned about it sooner or later.
- Talking about sex-related subjects is not allowed.
- Discussing controversial, illegal, or otherwise "grey" topics may be allowed but only within reasonable context. Staff reserve the right to ask you to change the subject at any time, or continue your conversation privately. Such topics can include (but are not limited to) abortion, violence, horror, religious extremism, racism, terrorism, animal cruelty, or hacking.
We do our utmost to make Cubic Worlds a friendly and open-minded community for mature players as well as younger folk. While you're adventuring with us, sometimes you might want to discuss real-world concerns and problems in chat, and that's okay! There are certainly plenty of troubles around these days. Censorship definitely isn't something we're aiming for, but we do ask that you be respectful and bear the following points in mind:
- Touchy topics, such as religion, politics, and conspiracy theories, should be avoided. Whatever position you hold, somebody is bound to be offended.
- Jokes and complaints about politicians are OK: "Max Marmot is a terrible person and his hair looks absurd". Jokes about death threats, assassination or harassment are not: "Somebody should do a JFK on Max Marmot".
- Deliberately hostile racial, cultural or ethnic typecasting will not be tolerated.
- Please remember that freedom of speech is not a right to be offensive.
If you see anything in chat that you feel goes against these guidelines, please notify staff directly through our Discord. We'll investigate your report as soon as we can.